Monday, December 21, 2009

Being a mom is not easy!

Tonight I had to put on my mom hat and actually follow through with a threat I made to my son. It was one of the hardest things I think I have ever done and I am still feeling horrible for doing it.

Rj has a mind of his own and will let you know it. He is much older than his true age. He does not listen at all in fact he is having a hard time in school and one of the teachers biggest complaints is that he does not listen, now he does have a specific learning disability (ummm whatever that means, I am still trying to get the school district to clarify that one) and severe speech and language delays, but that is no excuse for him not to listen. Anyways today was just to much for me so after about 3 or 4 time outs for bad behavior I finally had to send him to bed at 6:00 pm! No books no toys and no TV!

Now I know this might seem like an easy task but I am a push over for my kids. Every time I have ever put either one of them to bed early I have always let them back out because they told me they were sorry. Tonight I decided that enough is enough and yet here I am hurting.

I now know what my mom meant when she would tell me that it hurt her more than me.

I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better day and he learned a lesson tonight.

That lesson: Mommie is not playing around anymore ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment