Tonight I was deep frying cheese sticks and chicken nuggets for my kids when RJ comes through the kitchen to help me bring the laundry in from the laundry room. As we started back into the kitchen I could hear the cheese sticks starting to break open from being in the oil to long so I told him to get out of the way so I could get to the cheese sticks before they broke open. This is when he breaks out with a very random story:
RJ: Hey mom do you remember when we lived in the other house?
Me: Yes sweetie
RJ: well one day I took a fork and put a marshmallow on it (at this point I am wondering where the heck this is going) and put it in the microwave.... you know the white one.
RJ: Yeah and then sparks and flames started coming out of it
Me: Why would you do that?
RJ: because I wanted roasted marshmallows like I saw on T.V.
Me: Don't you know you could have got hurt?? or worse you could have burned the house down!!
Who was watching you that day? and what did you do?
RJ: Grandpa was watching me but he was in the back yard. When I saw the flames I opened the door and got the fork with a towel and ate the marshmallow. It was good too!
This was about a year ago that it happened. I remember that the microwave stopped working but never knew why.... until tonight that is.